Week three of the Persimon Dreams Challenge. The title is put a heart on it.
I started the week with the thought of doing a collage from a photo of my dog.
It was a great idea but harder than I realized to get it right. After spending 2 days working on it I decide I needed another idea that was simpler to complete.
For the past couple years I’ve been saving salvage edges from my fabrics. This is a good opportunity to experiment with them. Here’s the stack I started with.
I used a piece of white quilting cotton to form a base and stitched a group of my salvages onto it playing right sides together then flipping and pressing before adding another strip.
I’m glad I tried this. In the future I will cut my salvages a little wider. Probably about 2 inches. This will make it easier while giving me a better look at the actual fabric.
After stitching all of the strips I squared up my piece. Added an appliquéd heart, stitched on using a blanket stitch. My batting is a scrap of insulbrite. I’ll use this as a mug rug. I used a piece of fabric to back it and it’s done.



absolutely adorable!
ReplyDeleteAwesome quilter's mug rug!! Great use for some of your smallest scraps.
ReplyDelete